Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the schedule? 

We will email a link to the electronic enrollment contracts on January 13 with a deadline for completion of February 3.

Are there any special instructions for families on Financial Aid?

You will receive your Financial Aid award letter detailing your award amount and your tuition balance by mail, right around the time you receive the electronic enrollment contract. Please review your grant amount and tuition commitment for the 2017-2018 school year. By checking the Financial Aid box on the enrollment contract and signing electronically, you agree to pay the net tuition due. 

What are my payment options for the enrollment deposit?

Once you complete the contract process, you will be required to pay your deposit online immediately with a credit card or debit card. If you have concerns about this process please contact Amy Clemons, Director of Enrollment Management. 

What credit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.  

Why are you encouraging everyone to sign up for the EFT program?

We are encouraging ALL families to sign up for the EFT program which links directly to your checking account so that you can more easily pay for your tuition charges and monthly incidental fees without writing checks each month. Download the EFT Form.

Is there a fee for signing up for EFT? 

There is no fee for signing up for EFT. And, to make the 10 payment plan more affordable, we do not charge a fee for the Ten Month Tuition Payment Plan which requires EFT.  Download the EFT Form.

Will I receive confirmation that my student is enrolled for the 2017-2018 school year?

Yes. After you complete the enrollment contract, you will receive an automated email confirmation at the email address you have given to Shipley for school communications.   

What if I have not provided an email address to Shipley for school communications?

If we do not have an email address for you we cannot send a confirmation email, but you can print the copy of the contract for your records.

Will I be able to print a copy of my signed contract for my records?

Yes, you will be able to print both the contract and the signature page for your records. You can print before submitting your contract and your confirmation email will include the option to “click here to download/view form.”

If I sign and return the online contract is my student officially enrolled for the 2017-2018 school year? 

Your student will be officially enrolled for the 2017-2018 school year once your deposit is paid, your electronic contract is submitted, and you have received a confirmation email.     

Will all parents/guardians receive an enrollment email?

All parents and guardians will receive the email to complete online enrollment. Please note that only one parent/guardian signature is required to enroll so you may want to decide which parent/guardian will complete the enrollment process. Also, once the enrollment process is complete another parent/guardian cannot access the system.

What are the 2017-2018 tuition and meal plan fees?

Tuition and meal plan fees are available at www.shipleyschool.org/tuitionandfinancialaid.

I do not want to enroll online - what are my options?

Please email Jayme Karolyi in the Business Office to schedule an appointment to enroll online in person.

I forgot my user id and password – what should I do?

You will need your individual Shipley ID and password to log into the secure website. If you need this information, please go to www.shipleyschool.org and click My Shipley Login and then “forgotten password” and the information will be emailed to you.

Who can I contact for additional information?

Financial Aid                       sspector@shipleyschool.org

Enrollment Contract            jkarolyi@shipleyschool.org 

Website                              webmaster@shipleyschool.org